BESTVA LED Review 1000W Double Chips (Full Spectrum) – LED Grow Light
BESTVA is a newcomer on the market and, as for several other new brands we reviewed recently, offers powerful LED grow lights at a highly competitive price. Placing themselves in the same market than brands like Viparspectra, we will try in this BESTVA LED review to see if it matches the same durability and light quality.
Remember, power is only one of the factors to consider when purchasing a LED grow light. When comparing grow lighting options there is a lot of information provided that simply does not cover the important characteristics of the equipment. For example, light “watts”: the watts of a light is a measurement of the power consumed. So it does not tell you anything about the quality of the light delivered. However, Watts can be important for determining your future electric bill, your thermal signature and for comparing the relative size of the light. But not for the quality of the lighting delivered. Hence, the two key measurements that matter in comparing the quality of the light delivered are the spectrum that the light includes (ie, the colors the light creates).
BESTVA LED Review – 1000W Double Chips (Full Spectrum)
BESTVA differentiates itself from most of the other brands by including 10W dual-chips (where most of the other LED grow lights include 5W or 3W chips). The brand claims this innovation offer much brighter and efficient lighting than traditional chips by bringing the highest PAR/LUMEN output per LED.
When we tested it, even if the light didn’t exactly match the quality of higher end brands like Advanced Platinium Series LED grow lights, we must admit we were impressed by the light delivered, one of the best in its price range.
The Full Spectrum feature makes the light beneficial to plants at all stages of the growing cycle, just like in the natural sunshine, which avoids having to change your lighting system during the growth.
The powerful cooling fan system was relatively cool and quiet. Holes on the aluminum panel and the glass make heat convection, claims to run 50~60℉ lower than any other lights, the reality is a bit lower but still an innovation to notice.
The output compares to 600 watt HPS while consuming only 185 watts. Twice effective coverage area than most Reflector Series lights, perfect for a 5.1′ x 4.7′ growing area at 24″ height.
We obviously can’t test durability yet, but the warranty is also quite good : 3 years warranty plus 30 days satisfaction or return guarantee.
Technical specifications :
– Dimensions: 12.2×8.26×2.36 inches
– Replaces a 600 watt HPS/MH
– Item Weight: 7.0 pounds
– Full spectrum for all stages of plant growth
– Core Coverage Area: 5.1ft x 4.7ft at 24″ Height
– LEDs Angle: 120°
– 100pcs Dual-Chip 10W Bridgelux/Epileds LEDs
– Avg. Power Draw: 185W
– Input Voltage: AC85-265V
– Working Temp: -68~104℉
– Frequency: 50-60Hz
– Lifespan: 100,000 hours
– Indoor use only, not waterproof
– Extremely bright, do not look directly
– No extra ballast is needed
– Can be controlled by Timer
– BESTVA 1000W LED grow light
– 6ft Power Cord
– Hanging Kits
3 years warranty:
Return and money back for buyers within 30 days; Free shipping the parts to buyers for a fix within 6 months; If more than 6 months, the buyers should pay the shipping fees.
- Firstly, BESTVA LED Review 1000W Double Chips (Full Spectrum) provides a great power for the price tag. The lights are extremely bright.
- Additionally, the light does not require any ballast since you can use a timer to control it.
- Lastly, The BESTVA 1000W Double Chips (Full Spectrum) LED grow light provides a full spectrum for the whole growing period.
- Indoor Use Only
- Not as durable as higher quality LED grow lights. However, the 3 years warranty makes this a trustable alternative for the short term.