Advanced Platinum Series P300 Review
The Advanced Platinum Series P300 LED Grow Light is one of our top recommended plant light for almost any grower and application. This grow light is a newly launched state of the art Led with the bandwidth, heat management, and power switching ability that makes it a clear #1 choice.
The Advanced Platinum 300w 11-band LED Grow Series P300 is the newest in the Platinum series. It also includes Platinum light models ranging from 50 to 400 3w LED bulbs. The P300 includes switchable dual light spectrum, which provides plants with the most efficient light for their growth stage. It is hence perfect for vegetative and flowering plants. This P300 LED grow light uses a power supply of 93 watts on low power for growing plants. By simply flipping the switch, the power can be boosted to 185 watts for additional light and great spectrum when the flowers are blooming.
Delivering an amazing 11 band spectrum, the P300 can literally handle every plant type possible. The 100 3W LED lamps have a 60 degrees primary lens and the 90 degrees secondary lens. This setup ensures that the plants receive the greatest amount of light for every watt of power. It produces 2-3x the light offered by other products in the same category. The P300 has a 3.5’ x 4’ light coverage area, making it an option for professional growers.
The main features of this Advanced Platinum Series P300 include its eleven spectrum blend of lights covering 380/415/440/460/480/615/630/660/720/740/760nm. The light works at a voltage of AC 85 – 260v at power usage of 93w to 185w. It can be set up at a distance of 8 to 48 inches away from plants depending on the type of the plants. The total coverage area is 4.5’ X 3.8’ at a height of 18”.
The upgraded aluminum coated heat sinks, with extremely quiet fans, which allow the heat to be removed quickly, ensure complete heat management. There is also a VEG/FLOWER light switching options for those unfamiliar with multiple bands.
Pros and Cons of Advanced Platinum Series P300 300w
- Provides Focused Lighting in Secondary Lenses: This P300 grow light comes with a set of full secondary lenses that focus the light downward straight to the plants. With the focused light, you can choose to set the lamp a bit far from the plants, yet still give them the light they need to grow and bloom. With secondary lenses lighting up the plants, the wavelengths from the light become more discreet.
- Good Quality: The quality of this P300 refers to the light it provides and the efficiency of its system. The dual spectrum also allows you to switch the light for growing plants and for flowering plants. By combining 11 different band of light spectrum in one unit, with a range of 380nm up to 760nm UV, its high output of light is even more superior and outstanding than the other competitive growing lights in the market.
- Efficient Power Usage: The P300 is an efficient LED grow light. Some units may even need the use of additional coolers to prevent the plants from burning out. The LED P300 is capable of producing high efficient light without drawing out too much energy. It only takes 25% of the electricity for it to operate. It also produces less to no heat, which is one important factor in growing indoor plants.
- Self-Contained LED Lighting System: This light is self-contained and can work well without using other devices, like air conditioner to cool down the temperature in the plant area. It also has its own cooling fan that reduces the temperature as it works. More than that, this light is naturally at low heat because it only uses minimal electricity and energy. It does not require large ballast to operate. As simple as it can be, this lighting system can be set up and hung in the area you prefer.
- Large Area Coverage: Even in its small size, 19 X 3 X 9 inches to be exact; it offers a large coverage for the plant area. It can then light up an area up to 4.5’ X 3.8’ at a height of 18”.
- Light Modification: The dual spectrum works best on both the vegetative stages of plants as well as in all the phases of flowering. The plant would need approximately 93 watts during the growing stage. You can switch the unit to boost up the light at approximately 185 watts during the flowering stage. This will then give your plants the perfect environment to bloom wonderfully.
- Direct Light Focus Can Be Dangerous: Since this light provides focused lenses of light towards the plants, it also puts young plants at risk of being prematurely grown.
- Expensive: Being the latest in the Platinum series, this LED grow light is fairly expensive. Some would not consider buying this because of its cost, especially for a small space for indoor plants. Despite its high value for its cost, many indoor growers may turn to the DL series instead.
There are many grow lights in the market today, but choosing an efficient and high powered LED grow light like the Advanced Platinum Series P300 300w 11-band LED is an excellent move for any grower. It offers both the dual spectrum lighting system of 11 different bands and the option to switch the power from minimal to maximum depending on the needs of the plants. It works for both the vegetative stage and the flowering stage. Alternatively, if you need more or less power, you can check out our two reviews of the Advanced Platinium Series P150 and Advanced Platinium Series P450.