Apollo Horticulture Purple Sun Review – COB Full Spectrum 300W
Apollo Horticulture has long been a trusted name to go by when it comes to LED grow lights. Read below our Apollo Horticulture Purple Sun review. They’ve been in the horticulture business for some time now and recently released one of their latest and greatest technologies that consumers can now own and operate in their garden. Introducing the Purple Sun COB Full Spectrum 300W LED Grow Light. It’s an affordable and effective unit that boasts power and performance.
Apollo Horticulture Purple Sun Review : Product Line
Coming with patented LED technology meant especially for growing, the Apollo Horticulture Purple Sun review COB Full Spectrum 300W LED Grow Light (made by Kessil) comes with a penta-band spectrum. Meaning that five different arrangements of blue and red LEDs combine to ensure that the plants are well-cared for at all stages of their growth. Further, the product comes with an extremely efficient electricity-to-light energy conversion system that allows the whole unit to run on less than 36W.
Lastly, the Purple Sun LED light penetrates into the canopy efficiently. And the light frame also remains cool to the touch even after hours of functioning. Offering a long lifespan without appreciable lighting quality degradation, this product is ideal for small to medium grow rooms housing a variety of plants.
Apollo Horticulture Purple Sun Review : Key Features
- Uses COB technology. There are four 75 watt COB pieces per panel. Providing plenty of light for both vegging and flowering all kinds of indoor plants.
- Incredible lifespan of 50,000 hours. Much longer than your typical metal halide or high pressure sodium lamp.
- Multiple light spectrum of 440nm, 465nm, 510nm, 635nm, 660nm. Which covers a wide array of light that plants utilize to grow healthy and flourish.
- Comes included with a 6 foot power cord and a set of stainless steel hanging clips. To suspend your panel from the grow tent or greenhouse ceiling.
- Small size of 12.25 inches x 12.25 inches x 3.62 inches takes up little area. You won’t need any additional cooling. Which makes it an excellent option for those with a small closet or stealth grow.
- Working voltage of 85 ~ 265V. So you can use it in multiple countries without discrepancy.
- Working environment of -20C ~ +40C. You can use it in virtually all indoor conditions.
In many scenarios, especially in small grow rooms, heat can be a very devastating issue to have to deal with on a constant basis. With the Apollo Horticulture Purple Sun COB, it runs at such a cool temperature that you won’t need to spend more money on air conditioning, excessive fans, etc. Expect big changes in your growing environment when you add this to your arsenal.
Coverage and Hanging Height
A top priority for most before making the ultimate decision to grow with LED lighting is the amount of effective coverage they can expect with the panel. This 300W panel covers an area of approximately 3 x 3 feet. While vegging plants and 2 x 2 feet for powerful flowering if you want a large harvest with a quality outcome. Buying multiple panels or upgrading to Apollo Horticultures 768W panel may be something of interest if you are planning on needing light coverage for a larger square footage.
The manufacturer recommends to hang the 300W panel 0.5m to 1.5m away from the plants for best results. It’s important to listen to their recommendations. Since having the light too close or too far away may cause issues with proper growth and development.
Each COB is equipped with a optical reflector that maximizes the amount of PAR (Photosynthetic Active Radiation) available for the plants to use.
Incredible Heat Dissipation
When selecting which LED grow light panel to invest in, it’s important to make certain that the panel has proper heat dissipation. The Apollo Purple Sun COB 300w panel is also built to combat heat in the best way possible. Although it runs very quietly, it has the proper heatsinks and fans to keep it operating efficiently.
You can expect the Purple Sun 300w LED grow light to perform compared to a 400w metal halide or high pressure sodium light system. But use much less electricity in the process. You won’t need anything additional. No bulbs. No ballasts. Everything to get started growing with LED is included.
Overall, the Apollo Horticulture Purple Sun review COB Full Spectrum 300W LED Grow Light is a great, budget-friendly product that is designed for increasing efficiency and providing the results you want. Lastly, we think it’s perfect for small to mid-size grows. For larger results, see their 768w version.