BLOOMSPECT LED Review – 600W LED Grow Light
BLOOMSPECT just released the new version of their LED grow light and we received and tested the 300W (with secondary lens) and the 600W models. We heard a lot about the brand over the past few years so we are excited to see what these entry-level lights can do! Most users that contacted us about the brand were very happy with them and some claim they are up to twice more efficient than other more expensive brands with comparable power supply. If you are on a budget but don’t want to sacrifice light efficiency, you might be considering the BLOOMSPECT range.
Read our full BLOOMSPECT review below too see if it matches your objectives.
BLOOMSPECT Product Range
BLOOMSPECT lights are available in different power settings : 300W, 600W and 900W. However, only the 300W is available with a secondary lens option that increases light penetration and efficiency. They all have full-spectrum capability with VEG/BLOOM switch and the heat dissipation technology is quite impressive : integrated fans are one of the best seen at this price level.
Lastly, don’t forget that power is only one of the factors to consider when purchasing a LED grow light. When comparing grow lighting options there is a lot of information provided that simply does not cover the important characteristics of the equipment. For example, light “watts”: the watts of a light is a measurement of the power consumed. So it does not tell you anything about the quality of the light delivered. However, Watts can be important for determining your future electric bill, your thermal signature and for comparing the relative size of the light. But not for the quality of the lighting delivered. Hence, the two key measurements that matter in comparing the quality of the light delivered are the spectrum that the light includes (ie, the colors the light creates).
- This light to replace a 600W HPS/MH but only consumes 256W of electricity.
- Perfect to cover a 4 by 4-foot veg area, or 3 by 3-foot flowering area.
- Optimal amount of blue, red, and white is ideal for all kinds of indoor plants veg and flower at all growth stages.
- Built-in aluminum heatsink and cooling fans keeping your temperatures down perfectly.
- 1 year warranty plus 30 days money back guarantee.
Keeping heat off plants is essential. By using aluminum heatsink design to maximize heat dissipation area, the LED maintains a cooler temperature even after 24 hours of continuous use.
BLOOMSPECT lights also have average lifespan of 100,000 hours. It uses far less energy and emits much less heat than fluorescent lamps.
- Seedlings: 36″-40″ above plants, 14 hours on / 10 hours off
- Vegetative: 28″-36″ above plants, 18 hours on / 6 hours off
- Flowering: 20″-24″ above plants, 12 hours on / 12 hours off
- Input Voltage: AC 100-240V
- Frequency: 50-60Hz
- LED Power: 600W
- LED Types: 120pcs 5W LEDs
- Avg. Power Draw: 256W
- HPS Replacement: 600W HPS/MH
- Dimensions: 15.8″ x 11.2″ x2.8″
- To cover a 4 by 4-foot area for the veg stage, or 3 by 3-foot area for flowering
- 600W LED Light
- 6ft Power Cord (US Plug)
- Hanging Kits
- User Manual
- Firstly, one of the best heat dissipation technologies at this price range.
- Probably one of the cheapest brands on the market and the higher power models (600W and 900W) are impressively powerful and could suit any grower from beginner to advanced.
- Full Spectrum Switches and also daisy chain capability which is very welcomed for more advanced setups.
- Unless you are only growing a few plants, the 300W version could be a bit too weak to achieve big yields, however the 600W and 900W are impressively powerful and efficient.
- Also shorter warranty than some competitors.
- Lastly, built quality could be improved, but at this price point, we won’t complain!