California Lightworks SolarStorm 440 Review – LED Grow Light
Yet another California Lightworks grow lamp is up for review and yet again they have knocked it out of the park! The California Lightworks Solarstorm 440 review LED grow is the best grow light available in the $500-$1,000 price range
California Lightworks SolarStorm 440 Review
Firstly, the SolarStorm 440 features 88 high power 5 watt US made LED emitters for a total nominal power of 440 watts (88 x 5). The SolarStorm 440 also features a unique supplemental UV-B mode which is essential to develop higher potency. The sun also naturally contains large amounts of UVB. HID lights do not deliver any significant levels of UVB and no other LED grow light in the market covers that UVB spectrum adaquately, because LED diodes are narrow band and focus their light in a narrow spectrum.
California Lightworks SolarStorm 440 Review : Bulbs
The SolarStorm also employs unique T8 fluorescent UVB bulbs integrated into the fixture with a separate control. The UVB bulbs are typically turned on during final few weeks or “finishing” phase of the grow cycle to boost the potency of the final harvest. Lastly, the SolarStorm 440 replaces a 600W HPS or Metal Halide system. It is great for medium size or home grow operations. It can be used on light movers to cover larger areas and get even better results.
California Lightworks SolarStorm 440 Review : Features
The California Lightworks Solarstorm 440 review has two unique features: A switch to change the light spectrum from Veg to Bloom and supplemental built-in UV-B bulbs with their own switch. Lastly, having the ability to switch your light fixture between Veg and Bloom allows for lush vegetative growth and power savings in Veg mode while maximizing intensity and delivering the best yield in Bloom mode.
California Lightworks SolarStorm 440 Review : Technical Specs
* 88 Super High Flux US made 5 Watt LED emitter diodes
* Switchable, optimized color spectrum for both vegetative and flowering phases of plant growth
* Built-in 2 X 15 Watt UV-B T8 tubes with a separate switch
* High efficiency universal voltage power supplies
* Uniform 90 degree jewel quality glass primary optics, no secondary optics
Benefits of the California Lightworks Solarstorm 440:
* High photo-synthetic photon flux (PPF) to penetrate canopy and deliver unparalleled yield results
* Lush vegetative growth and power savings in Veg mode, maximum intensity and best yield in Bloom mode
* Further enhance final plant product quality and boost potency during finishing phase
* Worldwide power support
* Uniform, 3′ x 3′ core coverage area, no wasted light
* Firstly, eighty-eight high power 5 watt US made LED emitters
* Supplemental built in UV-B bulbs with separate switch
* Lastly, a switch to change the spectrum from Veg to Bloom